Survey Party Chief
Legacy Engineering, P.C., is a small, woman-owned civil engineering firm specializing in land development design and consulting. We are headquartered in Fredericksburg, Virginia and proudly serve clients throughout the Commonwealth.
We are seeking a highly motivated team player to join our team! If you are enthusiastic about surveying and eager to be challenged, we have an opening for a key contributor ready to make an immediate impact. As a Party Chief, you can leverage your education and knowledge with hands-on professional land surveying experience working on residential and commercial land development projects.
- Manage projects involving all types of surveys (boundary, topographic, as-built surveys, etc.) and all aspects of construction layout
- Oversee work quality, training, and instruction of crew members
- Develop and maintain client relationships and market company brand and capabilities when the opportunity presents
- Participate in daily briefings/debriefings and ensure all tasks are being addressed in the field
- Understand and adhere to all safety guidelines
- Two (2) years of experience successfully leading a field crew
- Experience interpreting blueprints, plats, maps, plans, deeds, legal documents, site plans, and field notes
- Experience with GPS applications including RTK and static control surveys
- Knowledge of utility, infrastructure, and building construction as it is related to stakeout procedures and principles
- Broad knowledge of modern survey devices and methods and proficiency with conventional optical and digital total stations
- Paid Holiday / Paid Time Off / Flex Time
- Opportunity to participate in Company Health Insurance and 401k plan with company match
- Opportunity to participate in our work-from-home program
- Based on level of experience
To Apply: Email your resume to Info@Legacy-eng.com with the subject line “RE: [position applied for], [your name]”
Legacy Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.